Monday, March 15, 2021

In the Weeds Again Revisited, Oil Pastel Painting

In the Weeds Again (Revisited) Oil Pastel Painting
In the Weeds Again, © 2021 by Sheryl Karas

I have done at least eight versions of this same patch of meadow plants. I like the undulating forms of the stems and branches of this plant as it grew tangled upon itself and blew in the breeze. I also like the glinting golden light caused by the setting sun hitting the scene from an almost horizontal angle. This version is done in oil pastel and oil colored pencils. 

The original is 12" x 12" on cradled panel with black painted sides. Unlike most of the other pieces in this series I have not decided to mount this one. I think it needs a lighter treatment, perhaps a floater frame. Contact me if you're interested. Prints and prints on canvas, metal, acrylic and wood are available on Fine Art America.