Sunday, November 26, 2017

River Rocks and Sidewalk, Landscape in Nupastel and Pastel Pencil

"Sidewalk and River Rock", © 2017 Copyright by Sheryl Karas 
So is this a drawing or a painting? I thought I was drawing, but when the entire piece is covered in pastel it's called a painting. So I guess that's what this is. I really enjoyed doing it. It's been years since I just sat and drew. It came out of an assignment I gave myself to break out of a creative block. I was to walk around my uninspiring apartment complex and find something interesting to paint or make something interesting out of what I saw. This is drought tolerant California landscaping. Contact me if you're interested in the original: 12" x 12" on cradled panel mounted on 16" x 16" cradled panel painted black, ready to hang without framing. Prints and prints on canvas are available on Fine Art America.