Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Working on a New Series

 

Three cat paintings
Still Life with Cats

For the longest time (20 years?), I have wanted to do at least one painting called "Still Life with Cats" based on the disasters even attempting to set up a still life my cats would cause. I thought it would be hilarious to show the actual disaster with the cats in the middle.

Fast forward to today and I have new plants on my porch balcony that my cats would not leave alone. I haven't felt like doing large paintings for awhile, just 12" x 12" oil pastels, and this girl just wants to have fun right now. So I've started a series of cat paintings. Some will be cats with plants, but I also have a couple with cats and partially knocked over still life ideas in mind. We'll see what happens.

I'm not offering these for sale yet. I have a fantasy of showing them all in a group with the name of show being "Still Life with Cats." The idea still makes me laugh.