Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Overgrown Path in the Woods, Mixed Media Impressionist Landscape

Overgrown Path in the Woods

Overgrown Path in the Woods, © Sheryl Karas 2024

It's been a long time since I've done any original art. And this piece represents a new evolution where I've taken one of my hand-done pieces (oil pastel and oil pencil), scanned it into my computer, and combined it with other images in multiple layers, using multiple digital effects. So it's mixed media but the final result is digital art, available as a print. 

What I like about this piece is its ethereal, magical, quality. It reminds me of dense overgrown paths in the New England woods where I grew up. But the light coming down from the trees makes it seem like there's a fairy grove somewhere in there with elves and magical creatures just out of view.

This piece is available as a print on various surfaces and products on Fine Art America.