Saturday, May 8, 2021

Big Chico Creek in Autumn, Oil Pastel Painting

Impressionist Oil Pastel of Big Chico Creek in Autumn

Big Chico Creek in Autumn, © 2021 by Sheryl Karas

In this oil pastel I've deviated from my more recent series based on multiple layer photography to return to my first love of impressionist landscapes. I did this one over a couple of weeks and watched myself get a little more expressive as the time went on. And I liked it! I think I'll keep exploring this direction. It made the environment come alive. The setting is Big Chico Creek as it flows through Bidwell Park in Chico not far from One Mile Park. It was Autumn and fallen leaves were in the water and on the banks of the river.

The original is 20" x 20" on cradled panel with painted black sides. (Contact me if interested.) Prints and prints on canvas and other materials or matted and framed are available through Fine Arts America.