Sunday, August 19, 2018

Chamomile On The Path, New Oil Pastel Painting

"Chamomile on the Path", © 2018 Sheryl Karas
Funny how things go. I did this painting months ago but set it aside because I wasn't comfortable with the surreal way it turned out. I won't say that was entirely unintentional—I was playing around with combining multiple images and angles of the same piece of landscape. But I was focussed on the tiny wild Chamomile flowers on the path across from my apartment and Chamomile is for relaxing, relieving tension and sleep. This looked way too intensely colored for a feeling like that. But my partner Paul felt differently! He said that a good night's sleep would send him off to dreamland and that's what this piece symbolized to him. Well, sure, why not? So it's back in my "good graces" now and available. The original piece is 12" x 12" oil pastel and acrylic gel medium on cradled panel mounted to 16" x 16" on another cradled panel painted black. Contact me for more information. Prints and other printed items made from this piece are available in on Fine Art America.