Monday, January 1, 2018

Down the Drain -- Oil Pastel Painting

"Down the Drain", Oil Pastel, © Copyright 2017 by Sheryl Karas
Happy New Year! This was the last piece I completed in 2017. It came out of the series I did based on what I could see around my usually uninspiring apartment complex. I was trying to break out of a creative slump and gave myself the assignment to either find something interesting to paint or to make something interesting out of what I could find. This is a storm drain with bits of fallen leaves stuck to it. I don't know why that appealed to me but it was really fun to do. Especially using unusual colors and my new box of really creamy professional oil pastels. It definitely broke me out of the slump I was in! May all our troubles go down the drain as we embark on this New Year!

This piece is 12" x 12" oil pastel with acrylic gel medium on cradled wood panel. The original is available -- contact me through the link above if you're interested. Prints and prints on canvas are available on Fine Arts America.